The Student News Site of Wheeling High School

WCAT News

WCAT News

WCAT News

Polls

Which Season is Best?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Do juniors feel prepared for the SAT in April?

Are juniors at Wheeling High School prepared for the upcoming Scholastic Assessment test most commonly known as the SAT this spring? Many high school students have been preparing for the SAT their whole high school career, having to take the PSAT their freshman and sophomore year. Some colleges are test optional but they usually look at your SAT scores and high scores can really benefit you. For most colleges it is best to aim for 1200 but usually, the average SAT score is 1050. In addition, getting a good SAT score can help you get scholarships. In previous years the SAT was taken on paper, but this year it will be the first time the SAT will be digital. I was able to interview 3 juniors from Wheeling High School on how they felt about the upcoming SAT. “ No, I don’t feel prepared for the SAT because I have not learned all my math and reading, and when I took the PSAT it sometimes got hard for me.” Said Jackie Navarro when I asked if she felt prepared for the SAT. I also asked how they felt about the test being digital and if they would rather have it on paper or on iPad. Isabella Sanchez said “ I don’t really like the test being electronic because I get a headache from looking at the screen for too long. I would prefer it on paper because it just seems easier and there is no timer so I’d probably get through it faster without feeling overwhelmed about the time counting down.” The last question I asked them was how they felt about the SAT. “I feel nervous because I feel like the SAT is a big test and I want to do well and get a good score on it.” Said Sheila Leon, “ I’m nervous about the SAT because big tests are harder to study for.” Said Isabella Sanchez. Lastly, Jackie Navarro said, “ I am scared of the SAT because I have to study a lot and I want a certain score so that I can enroll into a good college.” Overall all 3 girls did not feel ready for the SAT and are nervous about taking it.