The Student News Site of Wheeling High School

WCAT News

WCAT News

WCAT News

Polls

Which Season is Best?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

NFL Suggesting Another Week of Regular Season Football

It has been about 2 and a half years since the NFL expanded to a 17th regular season game and since that idea spiraled it became a controversial topic due to player safety and the NFL was struggling with player health with even 16 games. Well, they won’t stop there. Per Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, “The push to 18 regular-season games hasn’t been abandoned, health and safety concerns be damned.” Now there’s plenty of demand for more football and the league office plus the owners will take the money from a financial standpoint. An 18th game makes sense. However, player health must be in concern. This year alone top Quarterbacks such as Aaron Rodgers, Kyler Murray, Justin Herbert, Joe Burrow, Kirk Cousins and rookie Anthony Richardson all missed a good chunk of time this season. The profit is tempting for the office and league owners but I’m willing to bet that with an extended season backup QBs will be getting more playing time such as Nick Mullens, Easton Stick, Josh Dobbs and Zach Wilson. All in all the idea of an 18 regular-season league is inevitable due to the money but it may come at a bad price.