The Student News Site of Wheeling High School

WCAT News

WCAT News

WCAT News

Polls

Which Season is Best?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Two mediocre offenses, bad QB play, No creativity

Oh the battle of the ages. Just kidding. Two NFC North rivals going at it on a Monday Night. I’m a huge football fan but if I saw this game and the result coming, I’d much rather watch salt melt the ice on my street. 

First, let’s get this out of the way. The final score was 12-10. Only because the Vikings were doing everything in their power to just completely get blown away. The 36-yard completion to DJ Moore to set up the game-winning field goal was the longest play from scrimmage from BOTH teams. Yikes.

The quarterback play was also hilarious. Vikings QB Josh Dobbs turned the ball over 4 times and Justin Fields fumbled twice in the most important quarter of a football game. 

The cherry on top was the Bears offense going three consecutive plays on Wide Receiver screens. You’d think a competent/above-average offensive coordinator would put the game away with a touchdown to end the first half after a 2nd Dobbs turnover. Nope. First play, screen to DJ Moore for 22 yards and a first down. Ok, that worked for the first time so we’re going to run it again! Probably Luke Getsy’s offensive philosophy because he ran it again and again. Batted down by Vikings’ linebacker DJ Wonnum that could’ve been a pick-six and the third time loss of yardage. 

It was a good win for the Bears but an even bigger loss for the Vikings who desperately needed that win in order to stay in the playoff race. In the end both fan bases can forget about that game or NFL fans in general.