The Student News Site of Wheeling High School

WCAT News

WCAT News

WCAT News

Polls

Which Season is Best?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Shrine of our lady Guadalupe

Jesus fire and damage around the place

The shrine of our lady Guadalupe is a place for those who are religious, they  come to visit and pray to our lady Guadalupe and Jesus.

Around 2.am night, Someone had reported a fire going on at the church. The police and the fire department had arrived quickly. It was too late to set the fire down, and Jesus’ status was no longer there.

The only thing that the person who started the fire had no idea there were cameras set up hidden around the place. The police were able to find the suspect quickly with the help of the cameras surrounding the place. 

They had found out it was a woman around her 40’s. They had interrogated her and had said that the reason she did that was because she didn’t believe in them and That people shouldn’t be believing them. She had also said that she was thinking of burning everything in the place. Except for the lady Guadalupe, it was too high for her.

A lot of people found out and were really upset, angry and disappointed. “It was really.. sad. You build something and somebody comes and destroys it, that hurts.” — said Joaquin Martinez. The lady Guadalupe, along with Jesus, were brought from Mexico to Chicago in 1987. Now today, the place where jesus was places to is still in cover